Puppies...

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Puppies...

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Wed 04 Feb 2004 9:09 am

In this electronic age, nothing's a secret. :wink: I know for a fact that there are some new puppy owners out there! I'm just damn envious - I looooove starting puppies off. :lol:

Any of you care to share some details with those of us who might be interested? Call name, colour and sex would be great for a start.....and how they're settling in.

Teresap
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Wed 04 Feb 2004 9:53 am

Oh, and I almost forgot. A cuteness factor on a scale of 1 to 10 would be good too!!!! :lol:
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 04 Feb 2004 11:10 am

Hi Teresa

Nice idea and a good break from the heavy going of the rule review!

I haven't been shy about my new pup - there are some pictures already on the bulletin board under the topic "Posting Pictures - and showing off my new pup". These pictures were taken at 9 weeks of age.

My pup's name is Fin (Adderslot Finish Line), she is black and was bred by Julie and Andrew Cramond from their bitch Sesame to their dog Stamp. She was born in late October, so is about 3 months now. So far she is a very bold pup, with a high desire to retrieve. I am spending lots of time with her at present on basic OB (including sitting to the whistle) and puppy retrieves. She went in the water for the first time on the weekend - and loved it.

Cheers, Jason.

PS Independent experts have rated her cuteness factor at 10!
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 04 Feb 2004 11:50 am

Teresa,

Siobhan and I picked up our new pup on Monday from Kadnook Kennels. This is the 3rd Kadnook bred dog for me. Sex male (of course) Black (colour doesn't matter). Cuteness according to Siobhan 10/10.
sire is Ch kadnook Jolly swagman a chocolate dog called smudge and dam is kadnook simply fetching who is a litter sister to Vic Ayres dog in Tassie.
So far so good I had him swimming in the dam 5 minutes after we arrived home!!

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Leanne O'Sullivan » Wed 04 Feb 2004 12:08 pm

Hi Teresa

My pup is 8 months old now, named Razz (as you know). He is black (there's a surprise) and male (another surprise :) ). His cuteness is on a par with his naughtiness. Yes, he is very cute.

Seriously though, I am very happy with how he is going at the moment. Only time will tell though if we can make it in the big leagues (more me than he, I'm sure!!!).

Leanne
Leanne O'Sullivan

Postby Teresa Parkinson » Wed 04 Feb 2004 12:21 pm

Thanks for the updates from everyone so far. I am especially glad to hear that you're all unbiased about your pups! I'd be worried otherwise. :wink:

Gareth, happy to hear you made the trip back with pup intact. But you forgot to tell us his name. :?: After "Badga" (which I particularly like) I can't wait to hear what you came up with this time.

Jason, any new photos? Fin surely can't have hit the 'awkward stage' yet! 8) Glad she's showing plenty of promise and I had no doubt she'd be a confident little girl.

Thanks for the update on Razz, Leanne. No pup can be THAT cute, surely! :lol: Enjoy it while it lasts. They don't stay pups for near long enough in my opinion.

Teresap (who can't wait for her next pup!)
Teresa Parkinson

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 04 Feb 2004 6:30 pm

Teresa,

Little fella is Kadnook River Country. River or Riv for short.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Prue Winkfield » Thu 05 Feb 2004 1:52 pm

Teresa - Boot - black and white is 11 weeks old and has very long silky ears - very cute. He is sitting for his dinner, retrieving a paint roller in the passage (would rather eat it though) and is getting used to riding in the car. :lol: Prue
Prue Winkfield

Return to General