Rule change suggestions from SA

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Postby Kate Eltringham » Wed 25 Feb 2004 8:14 pm

Bob,

Thank you for your thoughts, we will all have ideas of what we believe merits a good dog, my thoughts are that the title of Gr Ch should be awarded to the dogs who truly excel at retrieving. Any dog that reaches say 120 points has truly had a fantastic career having said that I believe at least a win in a championship should be the minimum requirement to achieve the title of Gr Ch but that is my own thought.

As I have previously said if we can get some equality in the way in which State Championships are run around the country it may balance out the win or two seconds in a championship qualification.

I think you will find that the current requirements for a Show Gr Ch are considered too easy to obtain by many competitors and that it doesn't recognise the really great show champions and that their requirements may be tightened up in the future.

Which ever way we go it is something that only a few dogs in retrieving will achieve.

Ciao

Kate
Kate Eltringham

Previous

Return to General