Laurie Cook

For discussion on anything retrieving related - trialing, training equipment, news, etc.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Laurie Cook

Postby Pat Thorn » Tue 18 Feb 2003 5:31 pm

Can someone let me know how Laurie Cook is.
Pat
Pat Thorn

Laurie Cook

Postby revlain » Wed 19 Feb 2003 3:33 pm

As of last week Laurie was progressing reasonably well. He has finished his last round of chemo therapy which has knocked him around a lot.

His most recent report were that there were no new tumors and that all existing tumors are currently dormant.

Laurie is hoping to go along to a trial in the next month or so to catch up with all his trialling colleagues.

I hope to meet up with Laurie in the next week and if I do I will provide further feedback if that is OK with him.

Noel Eltringham
revlain

Re: Laurie Cook

Postby Pat Thorn » Sat 22 Feb 2003 9:45 am

Thanks Molly.
Hope all is well Laurie. If you get to read this, all the best and we'll see you at the trials.
Pat
Pat Thorn

Postby Kate Eltringham » Sun 30 Nov 2003 8:48 pm

'evening all,

Was scrolling through past headings and came upon this one.

For those of you that know Laurie we just thought we'd bring you up to date on how he is. We had dinner with him Friday a week ago and he is looking, under the circumstances, quite well. He and Emma were down in Melbourne for a few days before he had to head back to Ballarat for some additional treatment.

The two of them look like heading up to the Lake fishing before Christmas, Laurie is sure that there are a few more fish with his name on them still to be caught!!! He and Emma will be back in Ballarat for Christmas before heading back out to the Lake again.

Laurie was disappointed that he didn't get to more trials throughout the year but Emma is now fully retired as well, and looking very well - she visits Laurie's neighbours and is getting all sorts of tit bits!!! Laurie is hoping to get to Benalla for Easter to catch up with as many interstater's as he can.

Cheers

Kate and Noel
Kate Eltringham

Laurie

Postby Annie Warner » Sun 30 Nov 2003 8:51 pm

Hi molly and Kate,
If you do catch up with Laurie again please say Hi to him from me.

Annie
Annie Warner

Postby Julie Cramond » Fri 05 Mar 2004 7:50 pm

Laurie needs a prayer from us all.
Julie Cramond

Postby Joanne Hagan » Sun 07 Mar 2004 6:35 pm

Sending lots of good thoughts & prayers Laurie's way - this stuff is a bit close to home for me, so all my positive thoughts to Laurie & his family, here's hoping for a speedy recovery :)

Joanne
Joanne Hagan

Return to General