Working Test - Utility Gundogs

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Working Test - Utility Gundogs

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 22 Dec 2006 10:36 am

For the few people who have utility gundogs on this site and are not AA enthusiasts, thought you might be interested to hear that we have obtained persmission to run VCA santioned Working Tests next year. The intention is to award a Certificate of Competency at these - (hope to run two conditions permitting). The intention is to then submit application to the ANKC to award titles at the October 2007 meeting. This process follows the introduction of the Herding Dog Titles.

These tests consist of assessment of conformation, obedience, retrieving, pointing and tracking game. If anyone is intertested in becoming involved or would like further information, please let me know as we will continue to run training days for the test. We believe, and hope, this can constitute an introduction to retrieving (and field) trials for people who feel retrieving trials are a bit daunting.
Prue Winkfield

Utility Working Test

Postby Robert Tawton » Fri 22 Dec 2006 2:08 pm

Hi Prue,

Without knowing the detail of what is involved, please accept my congratulations on the progress made todate. I recall well the amount of effort that went into establishing and getting approval for the first set of Utility Field Trial Rules.

If there any chance of you posting (or sending me privately) a copy of the detail involved in conducting the assessment?

BFN, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 22 Dec 2006 2:38 pm

Thanks Bob - yes it was hard work - over 3 years! I will need to get the current content emailed to me after Christmas so I can send it on - or would you like a black &white copy of the presentation we made to the Management Committee - I could send that snail mail!
Prue Winkfield

Working Test

Postby Robert Tawton » Fri 22 Dec 2006 4:30 pm

Hi Prue,

There is no immediate hurry for the information, but I do know that several of the girls here in the ACT will be interested.

In any event I will be happy to accept anything and everything you have on offer.

BFN, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Jackie Price » Thu 28 Dec 2006 6:36 pm

Hi Prue
The Weimaraner Club Qld have been running Working Gundog tests for a couple of years now. I would be interested in the rules and conditions you have set out, for the Utility Gun dog tests, I am sure there would be a lot of Utility gun dog owners up this way who would be interested. I am sure the Wei Club would be interested in running these tests. If you could e-mail for post them to me.
Thanks Jackie
Jackie Price

Return to 2006