Wei Club of SA Gundog Working Test

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Wei Club of SA Gundog Working Test

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 06 Jun 2006 12:26 pm

The Weimaraner Club of SA Inc successfully held the State’s Inaugural Gundog Working Tests in April this year. Click on the link to view a full report with photos. Note you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this report.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Lynette Lennell » Tue 06 Jun 2006 8:23 pm

I would like to Congratulate Jessie, Lynn & the Wei club for putting on this Fantastic Event.
I am the Proud owner of an Associate Registered Gundog who participated and passed the PM Gundog working test.
It has given me the opportunity to allow my Boy, Chesterfield CDX to prove that he can do the work.
I believe that if more trials like this are run where Associate Registered Gundogs are able to compete the interest for this Fantastic sport of Retrieving will increase. This will encourage owners of Associate registered gundogs to buy a Pedigree dog next time, unless the Governing bodies decide to open up the Sport entirely to Associate registered dogs. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Who needs kids when you can have 2 Black Labs
Lynette Lennell

Postby Pam Lyons » Thu 08 Jun 2006 8:46 am

My congratulations to all in SA on commencing GWT - maybe now we might be able to get associate register dogs to be allowed to compete in NSW. After all, we are not allowed to have a title (dog might be gun shy, dog might never have picked up a pigeon, dog might not swim out for a retrieve, ad infinitum) so why can't associate register dogs who are obviously gundogs allowed to compete.
Pam Lyons

Return to 2006