Gun Dog Society trial on the 1/2 July

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Gun Dog Society trial on the 1/2 July

Postby Maureen Cooper » Sun 11 Jun 2006 6:27 pm

Spoke to Flo today and this trial is desperate for entries, is the problem the venue ie up the mountains???? Sadly we cannot keep using Marulan only as a site and have to use the Blue Mts at times.

Novice has only 4 viable entries, Restricted has three and All Age seven.

Entries closed on Friday though Flo will take entries for another week but she has to close soon to allow for entry cards and mud map to the site to be posted and some areas seem to still be serviced by pony express so mail cannot be last minute.

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Joe Law » Sun 11 Jun 2006 7:56 pm

Maureen, Are you referring to the Gundog Society trials at Tarana on the 1/2 July?
Joe Law

Postby Sue Batchelor » Tue 13 Jun 2006 12:29 pm

I could possible enter in Novice but haven't seen a schedule for this trial. Could someone please confirm the date and details.
Thanks
Sue
Sue Batchelor

Postby Joe Law » Tue 13 Jun 2006 5:28 pm

Sue, I would suggest you phone Flo Tidswell on 02-97736089 at this late stage and see what can be arranged. Maureen, maybe herein lies part of the answer why entries have been disappointing.
Joe Law

Postby ChrisNPeter » Wed 14 Jun 2006 7:49 am

Yes, Joe, the Gundog Society trials are on 1 and 2 July at Tarana.

THEY ARE NOT ON 29/30 JULY.

Here is the schedule (assuming no late judge changes):

Saturday 1 July
Novice & Restricted Ms M Auld (NSW)
All Age Mr F Pensko (ACT)

Sunday 2 July
Novice & Restricted Mr F Pensko (ACT)
All Age Mr W Loftus (NSW)

Both the Peter Halford Memorial Trophy and the Beale Stitt Memorial Trophy will be awarded.

Entry Fees Novice $14; Restricted and all Age $18

Entries to the Trial Secretary
Mrs Flo Tidswell, 7 Wolaroi Cresecent, Revesby. 2212
Telephone (02) 9773 6089

Vetting 7.30-8.00am

I hope this helps. Please telephone Flo to let her know that you are entering. Many thanks.

Christine Cunningham
President, The Gundog Society Inc.
Christine Cunningham & Peter Serle
Knusprig German Shorthaired Pointers
Marulan, NSW, Australia
ChrisNPeter

Postby Maureen Cooper » Wed 14 Jun 2006 7:54 pm

Thank you for that, Christine, and Joe sorry for the late reply but I am really feeling pretty crook and dont get online as much as I used to.

In response to your comment, Joe, I thought Flo had sent Jason a schedule to post here and guess I have not looked as I am a member of both the Labrador Club and Gundog Society who both put trial schedules in their newsletters.

However I received a phone call today from a WGC member who asked how he entered the Braidwood trial!!!! I said he was rather late! but said most schedules were posted on this site and therein lies another problem, not everyone has access to the internet so this guy does not receive a newletter ex WGC as one is not put out and does not have internet access! I suggested he join the Gundog Society as he does not have a Labrador and he would then get schedules. I have posted one off to him for the Lab Club trial in July and given him the secretary's address for the GDS and a membership form.

None of us are mind readers as to who wants to enter trials and Flo does send out a list of upcoming trials at the beginning of the season but short of getting people to join a club who puts out a newsletter with schedules in, then there is no answer when not everyone has a computer.

What do you suggest?!

Maureen
Maureen Cooper

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 14 Jun 2006 9:01 pm

Maureen Cooper wrote:... I thought Flo had sent Jason a schedule to post here...

...not everyone has access to the internet so this guy does not receive a newletter ex WGC as one is not put out and does not have internet access!

Hi Maureen

Flo does sometimes post me a copy of the schedule which I re-key and post on the site, but not this time. The WGC (of which I am president) has decided that the website is the most effective way of communicating its schedules. As a dedicated trialling club we don't have the extra hands from the show/ob disciplines to do a newsletter as well (and before someone points it out - I know the Central Highlands Club in Vic is a dedicated trialling club which produces an excellent newsletter, but I'm sorry we are no match for the combined energy of Kate and Noel).

It seems we have one club who doesn't post their schedules and other who doesn't have a newsletter. Both clubs run viable trials (most of the time) so I guess people find a way around the shortcomings of both approaches.

Personally, Kate and I will be at Tarana, which I understand from a conversation with Flo today makes the trial viable with minimum fields in Novice and Restricted. I just hope I get some training in to make the drive worthwhile.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Sue Batchelor » Thu 15 Jun 2006 9:05 am

I have entered on the Sunday ( had already entered Obedience & GWT on Saturday and it costs too much to not turn up). It will probably just be training for me but I'm sure it will be a good day out and I do have a new car that needs a good run.
Sue
Sue Batchelor

Postby Joe Law » Thu 15 Jun 2006 1:02 pm

Maureen, you ask what I would suggest. It seems to me that it would be good policy to use every means available to disseminate correct information. The clubs' bi-monthly newsletters are a good avenue but sometimes meeting the dead-lines and getting the timing right is a bit of a juggling exercise. The internet is quick, available almost instantly and there is provision for further questions and answers to be provided. Most people these days fortunately have access to this service but even this net doesn't catch everyone with whom you would like to communicate. Smoke signals are no longer practical or environmentally friendly!
Joe Law

Return to 2006