The TGTA's Winter Cup

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

The TGTA's Winter Cup

Postby Helen Eley » Wed 28 Jun 2006 4:16 pm

A group of seven ventured overseas to the Tassy Isle for the TGTA's Winter Cup; Peter & Helen Eley, Kate & Noel Eltringham, Garrick and father Bryan Bridges and Rod Drew (CEO of Field & Game)
A big thank you to the TGTA committee, the company was welcoming & warm, not to mention the good food. Marie the cook ably assisted by Sue made sure we were all fed well. Kate Eltringham wants to import Marie to Victoria. The Tassy people could not do enough for us, it was truly appreciated. I have never seen such good retrieving sites not just on the Mt Morriston historical property that the trial was held on but everywhere you drove there were full flowing rivers and opportunities, it was hard to see when the Tasmanians said they were still in a drought. If any of you 'Mainlanders' have thought about attending this trial don't hesitate...you like us won't be disappointed.
:lol: [/url]
Helen Eley

Re: The TGTA's Winter Cup

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 28 Jun 2006 4:47 pm

Helen Eley wrote:Kate Eltringham wants to import Marie to Victoria.

Kate,

I've never met Marie, but why would you need to import her to Vic when you have a Siobhan?

Cheers, Jason.

PS - if you get Marie, we want Shiv back. Gaz can come too if he wants.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Kate Eltringham » Wed 28 Jun 2006 5:51 pm

All I need to say Jason is:

Home cooked dinner choice of 3 mains Friday night plus soup and desert

Cooked breakfast on plate Saturday and Sunday

Morning tea, home baked bikkies and cake

Hot lunch Hamburgers, chicken burgers, sausages, casseroles, sandwiches, cakes, tea, coffee, soft drink, soup

Three course dinner Saturday night, Christmas dinner pork, ham, turkey, veg etc and home made Christmas pud

As Helen said a great weekend was had by us all, it's a trial thats certainly worth a visit.

Kate
Kate Eltringham

Postby Helen Eley » Wed 28 Jun 2006 10:21 pm

Jason Ferris wrote:
Helen Eley wrote:Kate Eltringham wants to import Marie to Victoria.

Kate,

I've never met Marie, but why would you need to import her to Vic when you have a Siobhan?

Cheers, Jason.

PS - if you get Marie, we want Shiv back. Gaz can come too if he wants.

I thought the plan was obvious, we'd hold a cooking competition, just think of the meal these two girls could cook up.... & Jason you can look after the baby :P
Helen Eley

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 28 Jun 2006 10:45 pm

Helen Eley wrote:I thought the plan was obvious, we'd hold a cooking competition, just think of the meal these two girls could cook up.... & Jason you can look after the baby :P

Great plan Helen - count me in!

Sounds like you all had a fantastic weekend. I hope to get to that trial one day.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to 2006