Anyone interested in a beginners/puppy test??

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Anyone interested in a beginners/puppy test??

Postby Laraine Frawley » Tue 11 Jul 2006 11:38 pm

Hi Everyone

With all the new puppies around at present The ACT Gundog Society wondered if anyone was interested if we ran a Beginners test in conjunction with our August 19/20 trials. We would run it at the conclusion of Novice/Restricted on Saturday 19 and any dog who had not finished a Novice trial is welcome to run. It would consist of 2 runs, one land, one water at shorter distances than Novice and the entry would be a couple of dollars to cover the cost of birds.

If anyone is interested theycould either reply through this forum or email me at <fieldgold@grapevine.net.au> so we can see if it is viable.

Laraine
Laraine Frawley

Postby Bob Pickworth » Wed 12 Jul 2006 6:29 am

Larraine,
Great idea. It is many years since I have seen a picnic test or water test put on for puppies and young or beginner dogs. I don't have a pup, however it would be a great encouragement for those beginning if there were even a small award / rosette. We all need to be thinking of ways to encourage the growth of the sport and encouraging new members. This is a great initiative.
Bob
Bob Pickworth

Postby Peter Betteridge » Thu 13 Jul 2006 3:20 pm

great iniatitive lorraine.
I would certainly run my pup if i can make it down to the trial on the 19th.Question? can people heel their pups up on a lead??
Peter Betteridge

Return to 2006