Laraine Frawley Granble Fieldgold Grail 80

All Age
Judge Mr J. Palmer
Robert Tawton RT CH Kadnook King of Kanbera 146
Jack Lynch Lowther Breeze 137
Jack Lynch RT CH Coalsgarth Nina 134
hcornelius

Postby Brian McMillan » Tue 16 Mar 2004 9:18 pm

Congrats to all Working Retriever BB members who Participated and placed in the trial. I got an Idea; why don't all of you who didn't place take up a colleciton and send Bob and Jack to Jimboomba the day of your next trial? Tell them there's a triial there offering huge money for the winner. With those two out of the way, who knows what may happen. :wink:
Great Job, guys! very impressive.

Brian
Brian McMillan

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 17 Mar 2004 8:18 am

Brian - that is not as funny as it sounds - sometimes I wonder if those people were not around, there would be more people trialling in NSW!:P
Prue Winkfield

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 17 Mar 2004 10:04 am

Prue and Brian,

This is the first trial of the year and duck season opens in Victoria next weekend. Couple this with injuries to a number of dogs, the All Age field was missing the likes of Jim Hargreaves, Joe Vella, Jack Lynch on Sat, Graeme Parkinson and myself between them they have won something like 1 National and I think about 12 state titles over the years.

I certainly would not want to take away from the winners and place getters but I am sure all of the above mentioned would not want to see Jack and Bob head to Jimbooba or anywhere else to compete. We love the chance to compete against some of the best dogs in the country.

Unfortunately the poor entries in Restricted in NSW and the ACT is well documented I understand they had only the minimum requirments for a field in the restricted on Sunday. Hopefully some new rule changes will help aleviate this problem.

Regards,

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Vivienne Jones » Wed 17 Mar 2004 4:25 pm

Congratulations to all placegetters. Well done. Bob, I can see you
will be out of Restricted before I get back to retrieving. Glad to see
Breeze has recovered and doing well.
A special congratulations to Helena and little Bella from Molly and
me. Well done.
Regards,
Vivienne
Vivienne Jones

Postby Prue Winkfield » Wed 17 Mar 2004 6:03 pm

Gareth - hope the Taunton family can take a tongue in cheek comment when it is given - perhaps my English sense of humour has not changed to Australian in 30 years! Prue
Prue Winkfield

Mr Boomba

Postby Jack Lynch » Fri 19 Mar 2004 9:47 am

Att. Jim Boomba

Dear Jim,

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet but have been hearing about you on the web. If you do decide to take up Brians suggestion to hold a trial please send me a schedule, I would be delighted to compete and I am pretty sure so would Bob.

Regards, Jack.
Jack Lynch

Gundog Society Results Hartley

Postby Pam Lyons » Fri 19 Mar 2004 10:51 am

Great One Jack.

Whoever said that the top trialers have no sense of humour will have to eat their words!!!
Pam Lyons

Postby Alan Donovan » Fri 19 Mar 2004 8:17 pm

Attn Syd Knee

Enough jokes about Jimboomba - we are real serious about trialling up here.

Just getting the 36 point wagon wheel perfected.........

Cheers - Alan
Alan Donovan

Postby Kirsty Blair » Sat 20 Mar 2004 9:58 am

Alan Donovan wrote:Just getting the 36 point wagon wheel perfected.........

Hi Alan

Well done for working on the basics first. We've just finished the 72 point wagon wheel and are moving on to the 108 point this week. My dog is showing good understanding of use of the compass and protractor and his trigonometry tutor is very pleased with his progress (very important for double falls and 2 birds :wink: )

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Robert Tawton » Sun 21 Mar 2004 4:24 pm

Dear Jack,

Despite my best efforts I have been singularly unsuccessful in contacting Jim Boomba and/or Syd Knee, but I have established that Ben Alla will be hosting three days of trials over the Easter weekend, with three events each day. I also know that Alan and Kirsty have been working on a new super advanced training drill, so they may be hard to beat. I expect that Mel Bourne’s training group will be there in full force, as will Prue. Nevertheless, you can rest easy because Brian will not be competing, you know the gut with the super chocolate Lab. I’m told that it has something to do with quarantine and getting time off work!
I think our best plan is to slip in an entry and not tell anyone, not even Gareth!
See you at the Trial, kindest regards, RWT

PS. I’ve fixed the radio control for your thrower, so you will not have any excuses for not doing well at Ben’s trial.
Robert Tawton

Postby Brian McMillan » Mon 22 Mar 2004 11:09 am

Dear Robert;

Bri's bane is that neither he nor his choco lab will be able to come to Ben Alla over the Easter weekend. We thought about it, but figured Ben Alla was some kind of a religous cult leader and that we better stay away, especially on Easter. Besides, if dogs that can do 36, 72, and 108 point wagon wheel are competeing, I'm finished. Better up my training before I come.

Your Friend;
Bri
Brian McMillan

Wagon Wheels and Other Things

Postby Robert Tawton » Mon 22 Mar 2004 1:52 pm

Dear Bri,

I am delighted to hear that you did consider coming to the Easter Trial and I understand why you may have had some concerns about Ben Alla, but I can assure you that he is very friendly guy!
Like you I have been giving the issue of 36, 72 and 108 point wagon wheels a lot of thought. Now I know that there are 360 degrees in a circle and that there are 60 minutes in every degree and also that there are 60 seconds in every minute. How many points does that give me for my wagon wheel? :lol:

Happy training, kindest regards, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 22 Mar 2004 9:05 pm

Hi Bri and Jack and everyone else,

Maybe you should have considered coming to Western Australia. Well known local, Arthur River, is holding two All Age trials. He lives not far past Will Iams and as long as the heat holds off for the weekend at Easter, it will be a fun event for all.

Ben's trials sound like they will be fantastic though, with a heap of entries, I am sure you will have a great time.

Kerry
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Postby Brian McMillan » Mon 22 Mar 2004 9:43 pm

Dear Robert; (and others)

I lhad to break out my calculator for your wagon wheel; if I didn't hit the wrong buttons, your wheel has 1.296,000 points! No wonder you win everything in sight! (just kidding Gareth) I'm sure you've read about the event Arthur is hosting. Personally, I don't think he's a local at all. I think he is a pro trying to lure a bunch of amatures to his event, I don't think he realizes what he is getting into if you all show up. I hope Arthur has a good turnout, WA looks to be a little out the way and somewhat desolate. But what do I know about Aus geography. I think I'll wait for Jim Boomba to run a trial before I consider coming. The Land of Queens is a little more accessible and I hear Jim has some fabulous grounds.

I don't know if he's expanded to Aus, yet; but Will Iams makes some pretty good dog food. I feed my choco dog Eukanuba, which is Will's top of the line. :P

Yours Truly;
Bri
Brian McMillan

Return to 2003-4