Tas Gundog Trial Association Results 26 & 27 June

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Tas Gundog Trial Association Results 26 & 27 June

Postby Susie Partridge » Sun 27 Jun 2004 7:19 pm

the Tasmanian Gundog Trial Association combined this weekend's trial with a wonderful 'Christmas in Winter' dinner and discussion on the draft Retreiving Trial Rules. The entire weekend was generously sponsored by Marshall's Automotive Detailing with Victoria's John McCrory and Paul Littlejohn juding. Congratulation to our interstate competitor, Peter Eley whose Flatcoat 'Larry' had a great win in Novice. Results were:-

Saturday All Age – judged by Mr John McCrory (Vic)
1st J Beven’s Rt Ch Kadnook My McGregor (Lab Ret Dog) on 125 points. No other finishers.
Novice - judged by Mr John McCrory (Vic)
1st Peter Eley’s Ch Torlum Dalziel CD ET (Flat Coat Ret Dog) on 149 points; 2nd N Faulkner’s Silbersee Jaunty Johnny (Wei Dog) on 101 points, 3rd Jordan Castle’s Ashbear Lindsay (Lab Ret Dog) on 93 points

Sunday - Restricted judged by Mr John McCrory (Vic)
1st Sue Axton’s Ch Kadnook Chelsea Brown NRD (Lab Ret Bitch) on 102.5 points. No other finishers
All Age – Judged by Paul Littlejohn (Tas)
1st J Beven’s Rt Ch Kadnook My McGregor (Lab Ret Dog) on 112 points. 2nd S Partridge’s Rt Ch Majoley Rags T Riches (Lab Ret Dog) on 94 points, 3rd V Ayres’ Rt Ch Kadnook Country Ladd (Lab Ret Dog) on 87 points.
Susie Partridge

A June Christmas in Tassy

Postby Helen Eley » Sat 17 Jul 2004 10:22 pm

I would like to thank the Tasmanian Retrieving fraternity for their hospitality and comradery at the Trial in June...not forgetting the catering ...it was out of this world & the highlight was the "Christmas Dinner in June" Maree was the wonderful cook. If anyone is thinking of going to Tassy for the experience.....do it, you won't be disappointed. Going over on the Ferry is quite cheap. If the retrieving site that this trial was held at is an example of what Tassy has to offer then for that alone it is worth it. It was nice to see full rivers and lush grasslands coming from a sorry state of drought (Vic). Having been born in Tasmania & leaving 40+ years ago it was nice to go back to the bush I used to hunt in with my Curly Coated Retriever when I was a kid. My plan this time was to do a trial with my cousin Bob Thompson, but unfortunately Bob let me down & went into hospital to have an operation & couldn't attend. There is talk of a group of us going over next year, I am looking forward to it already. Peter Eley
Helen Eley

Tas. trials

Postby Garrick Bridges » Mon 19 Jul 2004 1:02 pm

Peter,
could you keep me up to date with plans about a Victorian contingent going to Tassie next year to attend a trial. I would like to accompany you.
Garrick
Garrick Bridges

Postby Kate Eltringham » Mon 19 Jul 2004 5:24 pm

HI Garrick,

From the sounds of it the trial was a terrific one and the whole weekend sounds great.

Noel and I are intending to go and now just have to work out the logistics of who flies and who takes the car over on the Spirit - it can be a tad rough that time of year :oops:

Kate
Kate Eltringham

Return to 2003-4