Posting of Trial Results

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Posting of Trial Results

Postby Kerry Webster » Thu 08 May 2003 10:24 pm

I am pretty sure that the trial season has begun for all states of Australia by now, but, in looking at State sites for results, there are very few, offering them.

I, for one, am interested in seeing who, and which dog, placed in all the other states, but so far, I am up to date with Victorian trials and W.A. trials, but nothing from the other participating sites. Whilst it is great to see the entry details for events, with people accessing this site being from the whole of Australia and beyond, and not necessarily able to attend the trials, I think it would be informative to give details of the results of trials, and the placings given, so that generally, other triallers are kept up to date.

"keen" is my middle name; I just wish everyone else felt the same way.

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 09 May 2003 10:23 am

I agree Kerry. Its great to see results from the trials and keep in touch with how competitors in other States (that you might only see once or twice a year) are doing.

I typed up the results from the ACT Gundogs Society trial last weekend and sent them with digital photos of the placegetters through to Phil on Monday for posting. They are not up yet, but I noticed that you have posted WA results directly. Can you let us in on how you did that - or is such access restricted to State Representatives? If so, maybe this could be broadened to include a representative from each club running trials.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

trial results

Postby Peter Betteridge » Fri 09 May 2003 11:19 am

dear kerry and jason
the NSW results are up to date. I have just talked to susie partridge and tasmania will be current very shortly. Jean Bird has transformed SA and their page is only 1 trial behind, however they still need a calender. I have contacted Alan in Queensland and they have had at least 1 trial but their season begins later for obvious reasons. Noel and kerry are a very hard act to follow ,both your pages are superb and are getting 250 -300 hits per week
jason if you would like to be a state rep with bob I can mail you the password to the ACT page and you can paste on directly like kerry ,susie and noel do. It would be great to have you on board!
Kerry, like you I am also extremely "keen" and I get alot of satisfaction in seeing our sport beginning to thrive. I think you must take alot of the credit. its great to see everyone so positive and I'm encouraged by the way everyone has embraced this website
cheers peter
Peter Betteridge

Postby Jason Ferris » Fri 09 May 2003 11:35 am

Thanks Peter, I would be happy to share the ACT State Rep responsibility with Bob.

Congratulations to all the people mentioned in Peter's email for putting in a great effort to make this site work.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Julian Bielewicz » Sat 07 Feb 2004 12:12 am

Kerry

The first of the Queensland trials (a sweepstake actually) kicks off this weekend, 7/8 February, under the auspices of the GSP Club.
Julian Bielewicz

Postby Prue Winkfield » Sat 07 Feb 2004 7:43 am

Osprey - please can you let us know who ou are? Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Julian Bielewicz » Sun 08 Feb 2004 6:37 am

Prue Winkfield wrote:Osprey - please can you let us know who ou are? Prue

Prue

I'm me. I've always been me! Or at least I've always tried to be me rather than someopne else.

I was fairly active in the Queensland scene during the mid to late 80s but, for reasons I wont go into here, I walked away vowing never to trial a dog again.

It's only taken 15 or so years and I blame my wife (she recently decided to buy a Pointer pup) but I find myself being drawn back in. This, I suppose, is my renaissance. At the moment that consists of having travelled to Toowoomba yesterday (Saturday) morning to inspect a litter of Labrador pups and putting my mark on a young black male.

Computers, and what can be done via the medium, have fascinated me since the mid-90s: there was no gundog precence during my earlier incarnation.
Julian Bielewicz

Postby Kirsty Blair » Sun 08 Feb 2004 6:49 am

Hi Osprey,

This is like a game of "Who Am I?". :wink:

Welcome back to trialling and best of luck with your new puppy.

Kind Regards
Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Gail Phoenix » Sun 08 Feb 2004 9:17 pm

Kerry,
SA hasn't started trialling for 2004.
We have lost a number of trials from our trialling year in recent times.
The latest to go is the first Lab Club trial that was to be held over Anzac weekend. This leaves only 6 weekends between May & August.
Numbers are small in retrieving here & can't see much hope of it improving.
Hopefully Jean Bird will supply details of our trials for 2004 shortly. Think they are sorted out now.
Gail Ph
Gail Phoenix

Trialling

Postby Robert Tawton » Mon 09 Feb 2004 2:09 pm

Hi Kerry,

In NSW the 2004 Trialling season commences on 13/14 March with the Gundog Society holding events in the Hartley area (Blue Mountains). The ACT Gundog Society will hold its first trials on the May 6/7 weekend at a property in the southern ACT. I'm sure results will be published on the web site on a regular basis.

BFN, RWT
Robert Tawton

Postby Kirsty Blair » Mon 09 Feb 2004 6:34 pm

Hi Guys,

Kerry's post was listed in May last year. She was expressing frustration at the lack of results at that time. I think this year things will be different as this site has really taken off.

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Julian Bielewicz » Mon 09 Feb 2004 7:55 pm

Folks, it appears that in using my age-long pseudonym "Osprey" I was treading on AWRC ground rules. That, no doubt, is what Prue was hinting at when asking me who I was (am).

The real person is Julian Bielewicz. The other details in my profile are are printed.

Now, how do I go about having "Osprey" changed to "Julian Bielewicz"

Julian
Julian Bielewicz

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 09 Feb 2004 8:56 pm

Welcome Julian - Jason will fix that for you! Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Jason Ferris » Tue 10 Feb 2004 9:13 am

And I have. Thanks for agreeing to the change Julian.

Users of the bb may have noticed that I have been gradually working my way through the people who have registered using pseudonyms asking them if I can change their user name to their actual name. So far I have concentrated on the frequent users of the site - but if any one else would like me to change their name, please let me know by email or private message.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Return to 2003-4