2003 ACT Championship Result

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

2003 ACT Championship Result

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 13 Oct 2003 10:09 am

Hi all

The ACT Championship was held over the weekend (11-12 Oct) at Bombala on the same site as the 2002 National. The competitors were greeted on Saturday morning by a thin cover of snow on the ground and corresponding cool conditions.

Trevor Lodder from Queensland judged the trial and put on six challenging runs over the two days. Jim Hargreaves' RT Ch Winterset Moon Shadow (Kato) won the trial. There were no other finishers.

A full report including photos will be posted on the ACT page shortly.

Cheers, Jason.
Last edited by Jason Ferris on Wed 19 Nov 2003 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 13 Oct 2003 2:25 pm

My goodness! - Congratulations to Jim if he reads this - is this the first time a Golden has won a State Championship? - a GSP in Qld and Golden now - perhaps a Lab will win the Vic!!
Prue Winkfield

ACT efficiency

Postby Peter Betteridge » Mon 13 Oct 2003 7:42 pm

great work jason
looking forward to reading all about it. Its great to have computer friendly people like you and ashley to work on the site. hopefully at the national we can have a blow by blow description as it happens. lets hope susie has organized an official photographer with a digital camera and a handy laptop
congrads to Jim thats a wonderful acheivement
Peter Betteridge

Champ

Postby Kirsty Blair » Tue 14 Oct 2003 9:51 am

Congratulations Jim on a fantastic achievement! :mrgreen:

Kirsty
Kirsty Blair

Postby Kerry Webster » Tue 14 Oct 2003 3:42 pm

Goodonya Goldie !!!! Not that I am biased at all :lol:

Honestly, Congratulations Jim and Kato. I am looking forward to seeing you again at this years Nationals. It is probably Tosca's last time to the East.

Sounds like the weather was VERY different for the ACT Champs this year with "snow". I remember last year we were all sweltering in the heat !!

Kerry in W.A.
Kerry Webster

Postby Kerry Webster » Tue 14 Oct 2003 3:50 pm

In answer to Prue..........No, we have had Goldens win the W.A. State Championships.

Two that I know of over the past decade are, R.T.Ch Mhadaidh Titians Deryni owned by Norma Turner, Anne Cameron & Dave & Jean Henderson. The other dog won our Champs in 2000 and again this year and that was R.T. Ch Dancingate Templa Troyca CM owned by Paddy Brendish.

At least 80% of our All Age field is made up of Golden Retrievers.

Don't know about the other states though.

Kerry
Kerry Webster

Report posted

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 29 Oct 2003 8:47 am

Hi all

My report on the ACT Championship is up on the ACT page - http://www.australianworkingretrievercentral.org.au/?page=act. Thanks to Ashley for posting it. The report is a word doc with several pictures so will take a few minutes to load over a dial up connection.

My apologies to Pam Tawton and Mary Law - I forgot to acknowledge their efforts as gun and assembly steward respectively in the report.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

fantastic report

Postby Peter Betteridge » Wed 29 Oct 2003 3:24 pm

Jason
brillant report on the ACT championships thanks for all your great work on behalf of the trialling community. look forward to seeing you at the AGM
Peter Betteridge

Return to 2003-4