Results for WGC trials 19 and 20 June 2010

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Re: Results for WGC trials 19 and 20 June 2010

Postby pwinkfield » Wed 30 Jun 2010 11:30 am

Generally in life if one wants something happen, one finds reasons to make it happen and if one doesn't want something to happen, one finds reasons to ensure it doesn't :cry:
pwinkfield

Postby Joe Law » Wed 30 Jun 2010 1:26 pm

Allan,
I have only met you on a few occasions and on each occasion you impressed me as a fair minded and reasonable guy. I believe you when you say you write with no animosity. In fact I was unaware that you were involved with a body called “National Events Working Party (NEWP) “ Perhaps, at the further risk of breaching your ANKC confidentiality agreement, you could inform us of the composition of this group as well as some simple facts as to when it was formed, who heads it and what are its stated aims and objectives.
Personally, I have never been involved in Field Trial activities nor have I wished to become involved in what is really their business. My response, which expressed some wonder about the motivational force behind the cancellation of the Utility National Field Trial Championship, was possibly ill directed and if so I apologise. If you look again at the context in which this response was made I hope you will understand that it was in response to Gareth after what appeared as a broad and general attack on the NSW RAFT administration.
Like you, only in my case as a representative for Retrieving on the NSW RAFT, I am also fed up with being depicted as bringing down our sport when in fact huge efforts are being made to the contrary.
At least Gareth has been elated by your response.
Joe Law

Postby Allan Bartram » Wed 30 Jun 2010 3:58 pm

Joe,
I am a firm believer,and committed to, open and transparent management of our sport so have no problems addressing your questions.The National Events Working Party is established by the ANKC for each of its disciplines, in this case Retrieving and Field.
If I could, I refer you to the ANKC website ( http://www.ankc.org.au) where if you click on "about ANKC" scroll to "Regulations" and then go to Reg. 14 titled "Conditions for the use of the word National in the name of an Event"
Here you will find the answers to most of your questions as to the composition, election,aims and objectives of the NEWP and in fact most of the regulations covering the running of a National event. Please excuse this re-direction but I felt rather than type it all out it would be better for you and any other intersted party to see the official version.
The NEWP for Retrieving and Field was elected at the 2009 NRAFT conference and actually consists of more members than required by the regulations, these being myself in WA . Mrs Sue Axton of Tasmania and Mr Bob Tawton of the ACT in his capacity as chair of the NRAFT.
It is only a small working party as normally we are in the position of "rubber stamping" approval for any application for a National event(as in fact was the case with the application by NSW to conduct the 2010 Utility Field Trial National) Then merely monitoring its progress and ensuring the necessary ANKC regulations are adhered to.
I hope this answers your questions adequately, as I said in the beginning I will do my best to help.
Like you Joe, I too have limited involvement in Field Trial activities,but I hope you can understand that the NEWP is soley concerned with the application of the ANKC regulations in these events and when the organisers of the 2010UFT National failed to comply with those regulations then attempted, rather than cancel the event outright, to negotiate a special compromise so the event could come to fruition. It is indeed unfortunate that these attempted compromises(agreed to by both the ANKC and Dogs NSW) are seen as hurdles to prevent the event going ahead.
In my humble opinon our sport is too small for amimosity or grudges to exist and I fear that such will do nothing but turn people away from it.
As I commented in my previous post I write with no animosity so no apology is neccessary I just hope to clear up misconceptions.
As Gareth commented perhaps now IS a good time to stop looking backwards and start looking forwards because for me certainally the view is much better.
If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask, if I can help I will.

Regards
Allan
Allan Bartram

Postby pwinkfield » Wed 30 Jun 2010 8:37 pm

Generally speaking, if one wants something to happen one finds reasons to make sure it does. If one does not want something to happen one finds reasaonas to ensure it :cry: does not happen. :cry:
pwinkfield

Postby Joe Law » Thu 01 Jul 2010 8:16 am

Allan
Thank you for your goodwill and your efforts in exposing FACTS and answering my questions. Of course GOODWILL is also essential because without both factual knowledge and goodwill it is possible that decisions can be born out of either ignorance or malice.
Maybe with a correct mix of both goodwill and factual knowledge some of those pious platitudes that have been thrown around as part of this debate could be realised.
Joe Law

Postby Allan Bartram » Thu 01 Jul 2010 6:47 pm

Joe,
I sincerley hope you are correct, and thank you for your comments and agree with your sentiments.
From my viewpoint I wish people would take the time to establish facts before making accusations and would take resposibility for their actions or inactions before apportioning blame, as this does nothing to foster goodwill.
Finally, in the interests of future events of this nature, perhaps it would be worthwhile posing a general question to the prospective competitors in this event and asking WHY they chose not to enter ?
The answers may not be what we want to hear or sit comfortably with us but at least could provide an insite for organisers of future events.
Surely it is better to have these things out in the open rather than being a matter of congecture?

Regards
Allan
Allan Bartram

Postby Gareth Tawton » Thu 01 Jul 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Guys,
I couldn't agree more. A bit of goodwill goes a long way. I am sure in the long run healthy debate will help keep our sport on the straight and narrow.

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Postby Tony Rowland » Fri 02 Jul 2010 11:29 am

pwinkfield wrote:Generally speaking, if one wants something to happen one finds reasons to make sure it does. If one does not want something to happen one finds reasaonas to ensure it :cry: does not happen. :cry:

In my dealing with the nsw raft I think this is a true statement.
working with the grey ghost, can be like catching fly with chop stick''
Tony Rowland

Previous

Return to 2010