Lab. Club of W.A. Novice & Restricted results 15/8/10

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Lab. Club of W.A. Novice & Restricted results 15/8/10

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 16 Aug 2010 12:08 am

The Labrador Club of W.A. held their second and final Novice and Restricted stakes for the season at a new site on the Avon River near Spencers Brook, close to Northam. A beautiful clear and fine day for the event (seems to be our usual), and healthy entries for both stakes, was pleasing for the committee members and judge. Special mention must be made of those people who made the trip to the country just to work in the field for the day, and thanks from the club and competitors go to Lee Golding, Maggie McLauchlin, Peg Malcom, Mike McClure, and Sandra and Kelly Ingraham in the food caravan. Other workers on the day were also competitors and as usual, our thanks to them as well. The Restricted trial was a most challenging one, with three runs, all incorporating triple retrieves, which included a two bird, a wounded game, double rise, and two rabbit blinds. An interesting and demanding trial set by the judge.

NOVICE STAKE:
15/8/10
JUDGE: MR. RAY JOHNSON
DOGS ENTERED: 11

1st Place: Sunhunny Sophies Blondie (Golden Bitch) Alison Jennings 174 points

2nd Place: Ch Fionavar Ret Hot Gamble CD (NSDT Retriever Dog) Owner: Mrs AA Slights Handler: Iain MacDonald 169 points

3rd Place: Boomermagic Halloween Hero QND (Lab. Dog) Allan Bartram 160 points

In fourth place after a runoff was Zoe Slights and her NSDT Retriever bitch, Lana, ( Ch. Zirius Fox in Sox) with 160 points.

JAGARIAN RESTRICTED STAKE:
15/8/10
JUDGE: MR. RAY JOHNSON
Dogs Entered: 8

1st Place: Sunhunny Sophies Blondie (Golden Bitch) Alison Jennings 162 points (This win gives Blondie her NRD title; congratulations)

2nd Place: Boomermagic Irish Spirit NRD (Lab. Bitch) Maggie Hankinson 160 points

3rd Place: Ch. Fionavar Red Hot Gamble CD (NSDT Ret. Dog) Iain MacDonald 150 points

In fourth place was Kerry Webster and her Golden Retriever, Banner, (Winterset Moonlite Gambler) with 148 points.

My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to 2010