ACTGS Rtetrieving Trial Scheduled for 7&8 May

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

ACTGS Rtetrieving Trial Scheduled for 7&8 May

Postby Robert Tawton » Mon 02 May 2011 4:31 pm

Hi All,
It is with great regret that I advise that the Committee of the ACT Gundog Society has, after due consideration, taken the decision to cancel the Retrieving Trials scheduled for 7 & 8 May 2011. This unprecedented turn of events was precipitated by a lack of entries.

A Training Day for all interested parties will be held on Saturday 7 May at the Trial Site on the Coppins Crossing Road commencing 10.00a.m. Please bring your own lunch. Would those wishing to attend please contact Laraine Frawley on 02 6282 3080 or myself on 02 6288 9997 so that the Society can provide sufficient game.

Sherwin Scott owner of 2xNAFC 2xNAFTC, FC Ebonstar Lean Mac wrote the following words of great wisdom;
We should all remember that this wonderful sport is as much about sharing good times with each other and the camaraderie it engenders, as it is about friendly competition. It is also about being a team with man’s best friend, who gives us their love without conditions or expectations. How well served we would be to remember these maxims!
Kindest regards,
Robert Tawton, President ACTGS
Robert Tawton

Re: ACTGS Rtetrieving Trial Scheduled for 7&8 May

Postby Wayne Outtrim » Mon 02 May 2011 7:19 pm

Sad to see ANY trial cancelled.Great words from Sherwin Scott so as a member of the ACTGS we really need to look at why we can't get a field.Surely other members and committe have some ideas I have, and can be contacted by phone anytime to give you my thoughts and ideas so that we may keep the sport alive in the ACT.
Wayne Outtrim

Re: ACTGS Rtetrieving Trial Scheduled for 7&8 May

Postby Bruno Pollini » Sat 07 May 2011 10:03 pm

The ACT Gundog Society retrieving training day was held in very pleasant conditions and enjoyed by dogs and owners. Thanks to Bob Tawton and Laraine Frawley for organising it. Some photos can be seen at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/psfts/sets ... 540808231/

Colleen Pollini
Bruno Pollini

Return to 2011