EASTER TRIALS IN W.A.

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

EASTER TRIALS IN W.A.

Postby Kerry Webster » Mon 09 Apr 2012 6:04 pm

W.A. holds two All Age Stakes at Easter which herald the arrival of a new season of retrieving here. The Saturday trial (The Peter Reekie Trophy) was conducted by the Retrieving Club and located at our usual site on the Arthur River, a couple of hours south of Perth.
Mallard ducks were used on blinds during this trial, as well as the usual pigeons. Competitors did help out stewarding during the day, but special thanks go to Colin Hankinson, Dennis Graham and Catherine Thorburn for putting in the hours out in the field, on throwers and placing blinds during the trial.

The Sunday trial was the Marie Ewen Trophy and although very warm weather, the offers of assistance were boundless. Again, many thanks to Colin, Dennis and Glenice and the competitors who stepped in to help during the day. It makes the running of the trial just so much smoother. Pigeons and rabbits were used during this trial.
Photos from the trials will be posted soon.

Results for the two trials are:

Saturday 7th April 2012
Retrieving Club of W.A. Peter Reekie Trophy
Judge: Ms Lynne Strang
Chief Steward: Ms E. Johnson

Dogs entered: 17 Finished: 14

1st: Mhadaidh Red Hot Special AARD CDX JDM ADM (Golden Ret Dog) Dave Henderson 179 points (This gives Rebus his RT Ch title; congratulations)

2nd: R.T. Ch Ellishea Katos Czarda (Golden Ret. Bitch) Heather Ellis 179 points

3rd: R.T. Ch Featherhunt Joshua 172 points

Fourth place went the Mhadaidh Tricky Dicky with 172 points.

Labrador Retriever Club Marie Ewen Trophy
Sunday 8th April 2012.
Judge: Mr M. McClure
Chief Steward: Mrs G. McClure

Dogs Entered: 17 Finished: 4

1st: Truclass Ruff Diamond (Labrador Ret.Dog) Kerry Webster 164 points (This gives Diamond his RRD title)

2nd: R.T. Ch Altiquin Glory (Imp Ire) UD JDM ADM (Labrador Ret Bitch) Maggie Hankinson 117 points

3rd: Grd R.T. Ch O Ch Altiquin Stern (Imp Ire) JDM ADM (Labrador Ret Dog) Maggie Hankinson 116 points

Fourth place went to R.T.Ch Featherhunt Joshua on 107 points.
My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.
Kerry Webster

Return to 2012