Cancellation of the GRC of NSW May Trials

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Cancellation of the GRC of NSW May Trials

Postby Sue Batchelor » Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:18 pm

It is with much disappointment that I can now confirm that the GRC of NSW have cancelled their trials, scheduled for May 11 and 12, 2019.
A few of us have worked tirelessly for the past 5 years to re-introduce these trials and have them become popular events on the NSW trialling calendar.
The executive committee of the GRC of NSW have recently chosen to question the running of these trials, which has ultimately led to their cancellation.
Ray Temple and I would like to thank the judges, stewards and fellow triallers who have helped make our trials so successful. Special thanks to our friends at the LCR of NSW,
who have been more than generous with their help and lending of their equipment.
For any further queries, please contact the GRC directly.

PS to help placate disappointed triallers, Sandra Goldsmith has organised alternative training and trialling for these dates.
Sue Batchelor

Re: Cancellation of the GRC of NSW May Trials

Postby Peter Butterfield » Tue 16 Apr 2019 2:14 pm

This is extremely distressing news. The GRC trials have become a feature calendar event in NSW Retrieving. Well prepared, professionally run trials that I highly enjoy. Very popular with NSW triallers and interstaters too. I hope this is just a temporary set back. It would be a shame to see the goldies disappear from our sport altogether.
Peter Butterfield.
Peter Butterfield
Board Admin

Return to 2019