NSW UFT trials

For discussion related to spaniel and retriever, pointer and setter, and utility field trials

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Re: NSW UFT trials

Postby Gareth Tawton » Wed 20 Jun 2012 8:38 pm

Hi Guys and Girls,

How cool is this, a bit of lively discussion. I think its always healthy.

Having just done the 22hr return trip to bundaberg for a weekend its a bloody long way. Great people great dogs great trialing but a bloody long way!!!

Wayne well done on your endeavours. I have been involved in some mitigation duck shoots in NSW recently. The majority of dogs were GSPs I wish I could tell you how to get those guys involved because there certainly are dogs and handlers in NSW.

Can anyone tell me why you don't just have 2 titles. One that is for shooting trials and also represents all the past history associated with them and one for Non shooting trials.

Dave, as a matter of interest what is the NSW submission you described? Wouldn't it be worth promoting it in advance to help gain support across the country?

Best news of all the quail are back in victoria my dogs found birds at home this morning!!!

Gareth
Gareth Tawton

Re: NSW UFT trials

Postby Joe Law » Thu 21 Jun 2012 1:43 pm

Great to see this site being utilised for some interesting and constructive debate. Wayne, hopefully you are able to take comfort from this discussion as it appears to have been triggered by your genuine attempt to support utility field trials in NSW through the WGC. Sadly, the trial was aborted through minimum support and the last minute withdrawal of an entry. It is to be hoped that the rule review process for Utility Field Trials will continue and be eventually finalised next year in a truly democratic and respectful fashion with you guys standing united and supportive of your majority decisions.
Joe Law

Previous

Return to Field Trials