Tassi Champ update

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Tassi Champ update

Postby Gareth Tawton » Mon 01 Nov 2004 6:46 am

For those interested here is a part way update of the reults in Tas.

Tas Cup was ran Sat
1st Noel Elringham Tike
2nd Bob Tawton King
3rd Mark Davis Swampy
4th Bob Tawton Tank

I think the Champ had 16 entries and 15 starters. 3 runs were held Sunday with 2 to come today (monday) 8 dog are left.

Steve Hall Levi
Rob Mcormack Connor
Bob Tawton King
Bob Tawton Tank
Bo Curtis BB
Mark Davis Swampy
Jack Lynch Jill
Russell Kennon Keta

The dogs out on Sundayday were all the Tassie entrantys plus the shock of Noel and Tike as well as Bo with Pitch and Rob Mccormack with Tag. I will let you all know more as news comes in.

gareth

PS No the baby hasn't arrived yet so I could have run after all :wink:
Gareth Tawton

Postby Peter Betteridge » Mon 01 Nov 2004 8:21 am

thanks for the update Gareth we appreciate being current and look forward to your next installment tonight.
PS these babies certainly cut into your trialing I hope you get to more trials in 2005 than i do!! congrats and good luck its the best day of your life
(even better than winning the national)
Peter Betteridge

Postby Prue Winkfield » Mon 01 Nov 2004 9:02 am

Gareth - be sure to let us know when the two legged pup arrives Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Jason Ferris » Mon 01 Nov 2004 12:37 pm

Results from the Tassie Championship, just in...

1st Bob Tawton King
2nd Mark Davis Swampy
3rd Steve Hall Levi
4th Bob Tawton Tank
5th Jack Lynch Jill

I believe that this completes Bob Tawton's 'Grand Slam' having now won all of the State Championships at least once. While they were not all with the same dog this is a remarkable achievement. Congratulations Bob.

I am sure we will have a full report and scores from the island state soon.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Gareth Tawton » Mon 01 Nov 2004 1:14 pm

Scores from Tas

1st Bob Tawton King 225 points
2nd Mark Davis Swampy 224
3rd Steve Hall Levi 212
4th Bob Tawton Tank 206
5th Jack Lynch Jill 192

The other dog to finish was Rob MCCormack and Connor.

Minor trophies. Best Non Champ and Youngest Dog to Complete went to Bob and Tank while best Veteran was Jack Lynch and Jill.

I understand this marks the end to a wonderful career for Jill which included several State Championship wins and multiple Major placings in the National. She has been a credit to Jack over many years. Athough those sort of records are hard to get accuratly I am pretty sure Jill would have accumulated more championship points than any other Bitch in Australias retrieving history. Well done Jack
Gareth Tawton

Postby Prue Winkfield » Tue 02 Nov 2004 4:46 pm

Jason - would it be possible to list the winners and runners up for all the State Championships and National now that all the big trials are over for the year? We can then congratulate them all :D Prue
Prue Winkfield

Postby Jason Ferris » Wed 03 Nov 2004 12:15 pm

Great idea Prue - I have put one together at http://www.australianworkingretrievercentral.org.au/bb/viewtopic.php?t=400 and sent a group email around to let people know it is there.

Anyone with any other suggestions to improve the site just let me know.

Cheers, Jason.
Jason Ferris
Board Admin

Postby Noel Eltringham » Wed 03 Nov 2004 12:25 pm

Hi all,

This is Kate, replying under Noel's name as we are still in Tassie and I can't remember my password (help Jason).

Not only did Jill retire at the end of the Championship but Rob McCormack retired Connor at the same time. The last day and particularly the last run was an extremely emotional time for all of us there to watch these dogs complete their trialing career. Having been in the same situation 2 years ago with Tess at the same trial it brought back many memories for Noel and I and we ran every bird with Jack and Rob in the last run.

Congratulations to Jack and Jill, Rob and Connor for the enjoyment that you have had running your dogs and in the words of Susie P never have we seen so many men and women cry at the completion of a trial.

Enjoy your retirements.

Kate and Noel Eltringham (still touring in Tassie)
Noel Eltringham

Jill calls it a day

Postby Jack Lynch » Thu 04 Nov 2004 7:27 pm

Dear Gareth, Kate and Noel,
Thankyou for your kind words.
When I first came to Australia Maureen Cooper had just bred a litter of pups, out of which she selected Jill for me.Since then Jill has always given me her all,a little dog with a wealth of talent and an enormous heart.Over the years she has perfomed and succeeded at the highest level, bringing Christine and me a tremendous amount of pleasure. However, all good good things must come to an end, and when Jill brought me back the final bird which completed the Tassie Championship at the weekend, I realised that this was the last time that she would delight me with her ability, it was impossible for me to control my emotions.The little darlin is now bowing out.----- but, gracefully.
Jack Lynch

Postby Peter Betteridge » Thu 04 Nov 2004 9:21 pm

dear Jack
congratulations on your partnership with Jill from all your friends at the WGC of NSW She has given you everything she had for alot of years and we all hope she gets to sit in front of the fire and enjoy her retirement.its always sad when a champion calls it a day but she lives on thru Breeze.lets hope breeze can emulate her mothers championship record.
I was hopeing on behalf of the WGC of NSW whether you would be prepared to chronicle Jill's championship and All Age record for us.it is right and proper that we honour our champions
Again jack a huge well done for all you and Jill have acheived.I for one look forward to getting out there and taking you on with the next champion that you undoubtedly will develop
Peter Betteridge

Postby Prue Winkfield » Fri 05 Nov 2004 6:48 pm

Jack - really enjoy your time with Jill as a very deserving pet - treasure the moments because you don't know hoe many there will be. Look forward to seeing you at Easter. Prue
Prue Winkfield

Jill

Postby Jack Lynch » Mon 08 Nov 2004 9:13 am

Dear Prue and Peter,
We appreciate your kind words. Regards. Jack Christine and Jill.
Jack Lynch

redundant?

Postby Susie Partridge » Fri 12 Nov 2004 5:48 pm

Hi all, my apologies for not posting results and winners from the state and tassie cup - my computer has had a frontal lobotamy and that's my excuse.... you know all the results, did anyone mention that Tike won the Tassie Cup?
It was a really good Championship, the top three dogs were vying for first place throughout, Jeff's runs were fair and testing, and the two veterans finished in style. If anyone would like the points etc please let me know.
And can I say as a member of the organising committee it was really great to have so many interstate competitors - it made our Championship.
Susie Partridge

Return to 2003-4