Cancellation of GRCV Ret Trail 29th April

Moderator: Peter Butterfield

Cancellation of GRCV Ret Trail 29th April

Postby Peter Doley » Fri 21 Apr 2023 7:21 pm

Cancellation of Golden Retriever Club Retriving Trial 29th April .
As per the email from Dogsvic
Refunds will be distributed shortly via easydogs

Copy attached
Subject: Insurance Coverage for RAFT Events

Tony,

I am writing to you as Chair of the DV RAFT Committee and have included, via cc, Clubs that undertake RAFT activities so that they are kept up to date with this current insurance issue.

As we have been discussing and working on over the past few weeks, Dogs Victoria Insurance Broker Petcover have noted that our insurer CGU has applied a Firearms Exclusion on our Public Liability Insurance in 2023.

“For this renewal CGU has applied a Firearms exclusion for claims for Personal Injury connected with firearms. I.e., not for Personal Injury at these clubs unrelated to the use of firearms.”

The following is an extract from the policy

image009.png

I am told this action is a worldwide insurance response to the tragic Alec Baldwin – Rust Set Shooting in the USA.

We have been endeavouring to find alternate insurance and believe that we will be able to do but unfortunately at this point we do not have Public Liability Insurance to cover Personal Injury connected firearms.

It is my recommendation that the RAFT events scheduled for April 29th and 30th 2023 be cancelled.

My intent is that these will be the only events affected.

I am sorry that we have to recommend such action but given the current circumstances, I feel there is no choice.

I will continue to work with our insurers and the RAFT Committee and community to find alternate insurance to ensure we can resume RAFT activity asap.

Regards

Jason

image010.png

image011.png image012.png image013.png image014.png image015.png
Jason Eggleton
Chief Executive

Dogs Victoria
Locked Bag K9, Cranbourne 3977
t: 03 9788 2521 f: 03 9788 2599
jeggleton@dogsvictoria.org.au
http://www.dogsvictoria.org.au
Peter Doley